Slip and Fall Attorneys
It is hard to imagine that your entire world could change due to one single fall. Unfortunately, countless people each year slip and fall, causing severe injuries including fractures, concussions, traumatic brain injuries (TBI), contusions, lacerations, bruising, internal bleeding and even death. People at risk are typically older individuals or the very young. One falling incident can cause a host of injuries that can be difficult to recover from. Many victims have lengthy stays in the hospital and recovery centers that rack up thousands upon thousands in medical costs. Due to the loss of income and medical expenses, families are pushed to the brink of bankruptcy. Falling injuries have the potential to devastate victims and their families.
A falling injury can happen just about anywhere, including parking lots, supermarkets, retail stores, bars, restaurants, offices, gyms, homes, parks, swimming pools, sidewalks, stadiums, factories and construction sites. Slip and fall injuries typically could have been prevented with the right maintenance or safety precautions. For example, many causes of falls include slippery floors, uneven pavement, potholes, broken steps, or negligently maintained walking areas. Sometimes property owners are missing banisters or railings that could have prevented or mitigated the severity of injuries.
What should you do after the slip and fall?
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Your health and well-being are most important and will also help document the injuries you suffered.
- If you are in a business establishment, report the accident to the employees so that they can document the conditions that caused the slip and fall. If the fall occurred where you live, contact the landlord. If the fall happened at a home owned by someone else, make sure the homeowner is informed of the fall and the cause.
- If you are able, take pictures of the area of the fall and your injuries. You can also have someone else do this if you are not capable.
- Obtain the names and phone numbers of the any witnesses.
- If you think the business or someone is responsible for your fall and resulting injuries, consult with an slip and fall attorney to evaluate the facts before you talk to insurance companies, or settle with anyone.
- After the fall, keep clothes, shoes and anything else you were wearing in a separate bag. Do not wear the clothing again until you’ve consulted with an attorney.
- Call and speak with an experienced personal injury attorney about your case
In Georgia, the duty that a property owner has towards guests or trespassers on their property depends on multiple complex factors. There are some important distinctions that the Georgia courts have made regarding slip and fall cases. For example, the duty a homeowner owes is different than a commercial establishment. If you have specific questions about duty and responsibility, it is best to talk it over with a injury attorney.
When you choose Georgia Trial Attorneys as your injury law firm, you will quickly see the high level of professionalism and compassion we offer. You will never be just a case number to us. We take a client-centric and personalized approach with each and every case. We are happy to sit down with you, hear the facts of your case, and develop a legal strategy on how to move forward with your slip and fall claim. If you have suffered a fall in Georgia, call 678-667-8965 today. We will schedule you for a no-obligation, free consultation to discuss your injury case with one of our experienced attorneys.